5 Promising defenders to watch out for in FM16

Specific discussion about the players on Football Manager 2016.
Mitch

5 Promising defenders to watch out for in FM16

Postby Mitch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:04 pm

With the release of FM16 only a matter of weeks away, I've made a list of young players who you might be interested in.
The first list is compiled of 5 promising defensive players.

1. Éder Álvarez Balanta

Club: River Plate
Place of birth: Bogotà, Colombia
Position: DEF, CB & LB
Foot: Left
Estimated Value: £4.5m - £6.5m

I'm sure you FM players know who this guy is and I'm sure you don't need me to sell him to you, but for those who have not heard of this player he is amazing. Once described as 'capable of replacing Puyol' the young Colombian has made quite a name for himself with the big clubs such as Barcelona & Milan. Balanta is described on FIFA's official website as "left-footed, powerfully built, strong in the air and a fearless tackler ... blessed with skill and speed." Need I say anymore?. Definitely a must have.

2. José Luis Gayà

Club: Valencia C.F
Place of birth: Pedreguer, Spain.
Position: DEF, LB
Foot: Left
Estimated Value: £10m - £15m

Gayà is a graduate of the Valencia youth academy. Having started life as a striker, he scored 60..yes 60! goals in one year before the club moved him to full back. He recently signed a new deal with his employers that will contract him until 2020 with a reported release clause of €50m! However you will be able to get him cheaper (I hope!)..and with him being young you will still be able to make a huge profit.

3. Saúl Ñíguez

Club: At.Madrid
Place of birth: Elche, Spain.
Position: MID-DEF CM,CDM,CB
Foot: Either
Estimated Value: £5.5m - £10.5m

Saúl Ñíguez is one of my FM favourites. A young, versatile player which is great to have in your team. I bought him on my FM15 save for Newcastle Untied and 3/4 through a season I was hit with numerous injuries and struggled for a CB so I slotted him in and although he was my leading assists he was great, virtually getting MOM every game. Imo worth every penny to bring to your club, and being so young his value will only go up.

4. Héctor Bellerin

Club: Arsenal
Place of birth: Barcelona, Spain
Position: DEF, RB
Foot: Right
Estimated Value: £4.5m - £6.5m

Héctor started his career going through the youth ranks at FC Barcelona before signing for Arsenal in summer 2011 and then going on to sign his first professional contract with the club in 2013. We all know Mr Wenger has an eye for young talent and we're starting to see why he brought the Spaniard to London. He is a player I will definitely be looking to buy in FM16 again a player who's value will only but increase.

5. Joe Gomez

Club: Liverpool
Place of birth: Catford, England.
Position: DEF, CB, RB/LB
Foot: Either
Estimated Value: £2.5m - £5.5m

Joe Gomez graduated from Charlton Athletics academy before joining the Mersey side club in the summer of 2015. For someone at his age he has put in some solid performances for Liverpool and will no doubt be a future member of the England 1st team squad in the not so distant future. I've not come across this player in any other FM saves so I'll have to wait and see but hopefully his stats will be along the lines of a very promising young player whom turns into a very good established defender.

Keep an eye out for the next list where I will bring you 5 more very promising players.

Return to “Football Manager 2016 Players”